Tips and Tricks for Using this Website
- To obtain information about the images in this website,
place your cursor over the image. (You don't need to click on
- A small popup box will appear with the appropriate info.
Note: This feature will not work in all
browsers. It has been designed specifically for Internet
Explorer. If you're unable to view these descriptions in your
version of Internet Explorer, please see the section below entitled
If You're Having Problems....
To save on toner and paper (and to improve the format), use the
following method to print from this website:
- Place your cursor at the begining of the text
you want to print.
- Hold down the Shift Key.
- Now click at the end of the text you want
to print. This should select (highlight) the entire
section of text (or page) for printing.
- Select the Print option in the browser.
The Print options window will appear.
- In the section of the dialog box entitled Page Range
(lower left), click on the option Selection.
(This will print only the text you've selected).
- Click the Print button.
- Launch Eons, Epochs, Etc. in your
Internet Explorer browser.
- In the Tools menu, select the option
Compatibility Settings. The
following will appear:
- Since you had Eons, Epochs, Etc.
displayed in your browser when you selected the menu option, the
website address will appear in the ADD THIS WEBSITE
- Click the ADD button to confirm that you
want this website to be displayed in compatibility view each
time you open the webiste.
- If you wish to apply the compatibility setting to All your
websites, click the option at the bottom of the dialog box as
- The format used in the footnotes is NOT a formal, accepted
format. (It's simply to save my sanity.) If you're using this
information and the footnotes, you will need to put the footnote
in the proper format required by your paper.
- You can obtain all publishing information by going to the
Resources section of this website.
Please remember that all text, images and charts are copyrighted
material and belong to their respective creators. This means
that if you duplicate/use any of this material, you must give credit
as to the source. Thank you.